Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pattern Work


When I got up the weather was gray and foggy, some light showers following the cold front which had brought very heavy showers during the night. A quick check of the weather maps convinced me that we would be VFR by flight time.

I had studied the arc approaches out at LNS, run the GNS430 simulator and felt comfortable that I could replicate them in the aircraft. So, for that and a variety of other reasons decided that it might be good to spend some time in the pattern. It was a good choice.

I have always liked the landing pattern. It offers a little bit of all phase of flight, and the reward of a smooth landing is wonderful. As always, it was time well spent with the instructor. A few bad habits were identified that I can hopefully correct for the next flight.

A great way to spend an afternoon.

Sr20
Time = 1.2 hours

1 comment:

  1. Pattern work is always a good exercise. I went out last week and focused on those short/soft field takeoffs and landings. Nice good morning workout.

    How close are you to finishing up and feeling comfortable in the Cirrus? A bunch of us from Wings and other POA members are going to WV62 October 2,3,4th. If you want to join us, there's room in planes and in cabins, call me if you want some more info.

    Hope all is well,.. see you around hopefully sometime soon again.

    ReplyDelete