Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Don't move to Pennsylvania for the climate. The weather has been more like Seattle than Philadelphia, only the rain has been harder and more frequent. Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. Lots of activity at work, family events and the horrible weather here in the Northeast had me grounded for six weeks.

I was afraid the traffic going through the little towns and villages along Rt 73 would be heavy during the morning rush hour, but the trip in wasn't bad at all. I got to the airport early and sat for a few minutes in the car composing myself. Nervous. The CFII made it easy, talked about the long layoff and mentioned that so many students were struggling to stay current. This flight would be used to knock off the rust and get comfortable in the cockpit again.

So we did a simple VFR flight to the north, a few truns, climbs and descents an entry and two landings. Most of it came back to me, but my pattern work and landings were lousey. Unassisted, but way below my expectations.
The primary objcetive was accomplished, I had fun.

SR20
Time = 0.9 hours

2 comments:

  1. Fun is the name of the game.... Glad to hear you were able to get back up in the air. Everyone has been trying to move schedules around and capture the nice weather,.. now if anyone could forcast worth a dime,.. then maybe we could fly more regularly. Hope to see you out at wings again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,

    Good to see you back in the air. It looks like this weekend is going to be pretty nice out, I hope you get the chance for some left seat time.

    ReplyDelete