Wednesday, December 20, 2006

2006 in Review


This was a good year.

My objectives were to fly about once per week, roughly 50 hours, complete my Instrument Proficiency Check and possibly get checked out in a taildragger.

Accomplishments:
  1. 44 hours in 2006. It would have been more, but I got 'shut out' in the 4th quarter due to aircraft maintenance.
  2. IPC was completed on the first flight of 2006. I also got checked out for instrument flight in the G1000 system. I flew a handful of times 'in the system', enough to feel comfortable flying into Class B airspace. Less then an hour of actual.
  3. I all but got checked out in the Decathlon. I am very comfortable with the landing pattern, but failed to get the sign off due to maintenance. (I'm 'Grandfathered in' as far as the endorsement goes.)
  4. I flew my wife for the first time at night, ever. A beautiful flight on a thundering Fourth of July.
  5. I flew my Mom & Dad for the first time ever. Just a few minutes in the smooth morning air around Falcon Field, but an unforgettable time for all of us.
  6. Quality time in the Tiger (AA5B). I actually feel that most of 'the rust' has been knocked off when flying this airplane. I have a 'feel' for it and know where the envelope is.
Money...well, I spent it. The chart shows a rough breakdown of where the money went. I'm glad to say that most of it went into actual flying costs (not that headsets, charts, etc are not important too.) I spent less then last year, but flew more hours, that's a good trend.

Objectives for 2007:

Very difficult for me to project right now. I'm in the process of moving my base of operations from warm, sunny Georgia to cold, windy Pennsylvania. I'm not sure what the future will bring, but will let you know once I get figured all out.

Time 2006 = 44.0

No comments:

Post a Comment